Add

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Not all M Rated games are the same

The ESRB is the board that rates the Electronic Software or video games much like the MPAA does with movies.  The MPAA follow a certain set of guidelines that they use to rate all moves like the "1 F-bomb" rule.  The "1 F-bomb" rule says you can us the "F" word one time and the movie can be rated PG-13, but as soon as they use that second "F" word your rating automatically becomes R.  If you didn't know about this rule you will notice it now in every PG-13 action movie from here on out.



My gripe with the ESRB rating is that Batman Arkham Knight, Halo, Fallout 3 and Skyrim have the same rating as GTA 5.  Batman and Master Chief are cool dudes for all ages in most cases.  My 5 year old's bathroom is decked out in Batman stuff but at the same time I don't think he would enjoy the Dark Knight movies.  My two 10 year old boys love to live action roll play as Master Chief.   GTA 5 has some of the worse language I've ever heard in a video game or a movie in that case.  You can go to the all nekked girly clubs and you eventually even own it.  If your live is low you can hire a date for a quick car rocking pick me up in the ally.  You can run people over or even shoot somebody in the face so you can take their car then run that person's dead body over.

What I'm trying to say is there are some M rated games out there that I do let my children play under strict supervision.  In all actuality, it the responsibility of the parent to make these decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment