Add

Thursday, July 9, 2015

PewDiePie made over $7 million on YouTube last year

It's all over the internet and some people are very disturbed by the fact that Swedish YouTuber Felix Kjellberg, AKA PewDiePie, made over $7 million in 2014.  I don't know why this is such a big deal and nobody really seems to care about the fact that he helped raise over $1 million in charity.

Right now he is considered the most famous person on YouTube.  Times have changed since I was a youngster because when I used to wake up on Saturday morning I would rush into the living room to watch cartoons.  Now when kids get out of bed they want to play on the internet and often times that means they want to watch other people play video games on YouTube.  The fact that PewDiePie is just shy of 40 million followers and has over 9 billion views should tell you that he is a true entertainer.  So why is it such a big deal that he made so much money?

Because of all the noise on social media he decided to make a video to respond to some of the criticism and his response will help you understand why he is so popular.  Personally I think he's funny but don't watch him because of his language and I don't want my kids watching him either.  But he deserves congratulations on his success and not criticism.

Below is his response video.


Image for blog

Source: Theverge.com




No comments:

Post a Comment